This year 2018 has started. Some people say that they had a great year 2017 and some not so great.
But many of us become very enthusiastic because you are starting a new year. We all start thinking on
our new years resolutions, meaning we promise our self to do something different in the new year through setting new goals.
" Less than 10% of people are successful in achieving their New Year's resolutions, while the other 90% get trapped in the comfort zone"
This year you may have set your company or personal goals but what should you do to make sure December 31 does not reach without you having accomplished your goals?
Here are some tips that would help you through your journey.
Commitment means the state of being dedicate to a cause or activity. Even though you may get discouraged or distracted after a few months you need to stay committed to your goals. Make sure that your weekly schedule contains tasks that help you reach your goal.
" Every year 50% of people make resolutions for the following 12 months, but surveys show that by the end of June, half of them are giving up. Which half do you want to be in?"
Face the Challenges
Every goal or dream has its difficulties that you will face. You need to be able to stand firm and develop a problem solving mindset. You can begin to work on your mindset long before you tackle your first goal. Develop a positive, “glass-half-full” approach to every aspect of your life, including your thoughts about how you will achieve your goals. Read inspirational books, hang out with other motivated people, and believe in your own abilities. Work on your own attitude at every opportunity. This should remain a lifelong process.
Evaluate your progress
To be able to achieve your goal you must evaluate your progress on a daily, weekly or monthly schedule.
Take a look at all of the factors that are keeping you from accomplishing your goal and develop a plan to overcome them. Add these plan steps to your calendar system as part of your goal achievement plan. Make sure you are making progress. If you are not making progress, hire a coach, tap into the support of loved ones, analyze why the goal is not being met. Don’t allow the goal to just fade away. Figure out what you need to do to accomplish it.
Besides these tips I recommend you along with your company goals make sure you have developed your career goals. Employees stay motivated when they are progressing in their career along with the company goals.
What will be your NEXT move? it's YOUR turn to change the statistics". 2018 is ready for you. are you ready for it? Let's get started Right Now!